Protecting the environment is one of the fastest growing concerns for companies with field technicians or drivers. Whether your company is large or small, vehicle use means creating CO2, a leading contributor to global warming.
It is important to understand the environmental impact caused by burning excessive fuel and why saving fuel is not only better for your company, but also for the future. Reducing your carbon footprint means you burn less fuel, saving your company operational costs by decreasing your mileage, reducing your vehicles’ idling time and planning more efficient routes.
Trimble GeoManager™ helps you reach your environmental targets by helping you:
- Manage vehicle routes to reduce mileage
- Monitor your mobile workers’ driving behavior such as speeding, idling, overrevving, and fast acceleration
- Decrease fuel costs, emissions and mileage by reducing off-hours unauthorized use of company vehicles
- Monitor scheduled vehicle maintenance to help keep your vehicles running efficiently, which uses less fuel and helps avoid costly breakdowns
- Schedule efficiently to use fewer resources to complete more jobs per day
- Assign new jobs to the mobile worker closest to the address
- Lower emissions and your company’s carbon footprint with trip information reports detailing fuel usage based on travel, idle and PTO times